Welcome to Rossgro From humble beginnings in 1964 the business originated when Chris Rossouw snr started farming alongside his father. After combining family business interests dating back to 1964, in 2003 Rossgro commenced its poultry operations comprising of the egg, broiler, feed-mill and animal feed operations. Since then the Rossouw family has built a successful and diversified medium-sized agricultural family business, with a strong presence in the three provinces of Gauteng, Mpumalanga and Limpopo in South Africa.In 2007 the business was recognised by the Agricultural Writers Association of South Africa with the Farmer of the Year award
- Rossgro is a family owned business which specializing in the
- poultry industry of South Africa
- Egg Production
- Layer Hen Rearing
- Broiler Production
- Specialized animal feed products
- Active in Mpumalanga, Gauteng and Limpopo
- Rossgro is part of the Rossouw Group with over 80 years of agricultural
- experience in the Springs and Delmas area
- Currently the 3rd generation is managing the business
- Former National Farmer of the year in 2007
A dairy was started
Planting in 1969
The first house being restored
In 1964 Chris Rossouw SR. Started farming alongside his father and in 1968 he bought his first farm, Strydpan of 150 hectare.
The Rossouw group has over 80 years of Agricultural experience.Currently the 3rd generation is managing the business.The management team of Rossgro has extensive experience in the agricultural sector with specialized knowledge in the poultry industry.The team has worked together for several years as a family business comprising Chris Rossouw Snr and his sons Drs Naude Adriaan Rossouw.His sons are qualified medical doctors and left medical profession serval years ago to join the family business.
Meet the Team
The company talents
Chief Financial Officer
Products & Services
Rossgro on Megaboere 14 December 2016. Click here to watch the episode.
Rossgro Poultry is a contract grower for Afgri and produces 7.2 cycles annually.
Full Fat soya is a valuable ingredient in Chicken feed with a high energy value
We rear our own pullets from day-old chicks to point of lay.
Rossgro produces mainly layer and broiler feed. Both bulk and bagged products are available.
The Rossgro layer & broiler feed are also available to buy in baggs
Our product range includes free range and commercial egg production
We value our TEAM and their services, because Together Everyone Achieves More
Dr Adriaan Rossouw
- Studied at the University of Pretoria where he obtained his MB ChB in 1987.
- After spending 10 years practicing as a medical doctor in South Africa and Canada, Dr. Adriaan Rossouw joined the family business in 1998.
- He focused on the broiler and feed bagging part of the business.
- He developed the group’s first broiler farm. These houses were modernized in 2012 from open houses to closed, environmentally controlled houses.
- Adriaan is currently on the Board of Directors of 5 Companies, Rossgro Poultry, Rossgro Braaikuikens, Rossgro Feeds, Rossgro Animal Feeds and Rossgro Beleggings.
Dr Naudé Rossouw
- MB ChB degree obtained in 1996 from University of Pretoria.
- Former Chairperson of the South African Poultry Association.
- Co-Owner and architect of the establishment of Rossgro Feeds, an animal feed producer, which commenced production in 2005.
- Not being restricted by chicken egg production, he took the business to a new level with the construction of a complete parent and rearing facility. He ultra-modern environmentally controlled rearing houses and maintains a high standard of point of lay production.
Aims and Objectives
Content Under Construction
- Content Under Construction
A diverse client base
Its big company created many jobs for the people of south Africa we love it.thanks to Rossouw family